A fellow blogger won a chocolate fudge cake topped with fresh fruit last year from Decadent Addiction.
Chocolate Fudge frosting
60 mls water (Luke warm)
50g (50ml) Butter
90g (175mls) icing sugar (sifted)
60g (115mls) Castor sugar
30g (75mls) Cocoa (sifted)
1. Combine flour and cocoa in a bowl and mix evenly
2. Combine castor sugar, water and butter in a sauce pan
3. Place saucepan on stove and then turn the heat to medium high and stir till dissolved (takes about 2 to 3 minutes)
4. Bring to the boil and remove from heat immediately (do not over boil, otherwise it will Caramelise)
5. Quickly add the wet to the dry
7. Use immediately as a topping on any cake.
Gorgeous as is or pair with some fresh fruit.
What's your favourite frosting?