Some dishes are best eaten in their natural form, for e.g. beryani. It also helps to be able to recycle leftovers so that you don't have to have the same old thing every day, for e.g.
- roast leg of lamb pitas with tzatsiki (recipe for tzatsiki here)
- left over chicken pizza (recipe for pizza base here) or cheat with Anat pizza bases available @Checkers
- And my favorite and most versatile leftover dish:
Leftover Lasagne (serves 8 - 10)
1 x chopped onion, braised in butter
1 x chopped garlic clove, braised with onion
2 x roma, ripe tomatoes, grated
1/4 tsp mixed herbs
pinch of freshly ground black pepper
15mls hot water
500g leftover meat (in this case chicken), shredded or cubed
1 x portion white sauce (recipe here)
Approximately 10 lasagne sheets
1. Add grated tomatoes, spices and water to saucepan. Simmer on medium heat.
3. Your sauce will like the picture when done. Skim off the oil.
4. Add cubed chicken and mix evenly
5. Start by greasing your lasagne dish with butter or Spray and Cook. Then add a thin layer of the white sauce to the dish.
6. Add a layer of lasagne sheets to that.
7. Add another later of white sauce
8. Add a layer of chicken mixed with tomato sauce
Repeat steps 6, 7 and 8
9. Add cheese or cheeses of your selection. I've used Gouda and mozzarella. Finish off with a sprinkle of mixed herbs and freshly ground pepper.
There's just something about grilled, stringy, warm yummy cheese
Share with us your favorite recycled leftover dishes.