About Me

My photo
There so much to say and even more to eat. Hence a blog for each was born.

Thursday 12 June 2014

Give 'em the finger (Recipe Alert)

I blog because I can.
I blog because I want to.
I blog because I have something to say.
I blog because I get to say what I'm really thinking.
I blog because someone, somewhere out there might be going thru the same shit I am.
I blog because someone out there might be enjoying the same crazy things I do.

I blog about food because I love to eat.
I blog about food because it's such a big part of my life.
I blog about food because "food is love made visible" 

So go on, get your blog on!


Sweet Potato Waffle Fingers (serves 30 - 35)
(adapted from http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/alton-brown/sweet-potato-waffles.html)

Ingredients

1 1/2 c cubed sweet potato (approx 275g)
295mls warm milk
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 butter, melted
1 t vanilla essence 

2 c sifted all purpose flour
1 T sifted baking powder
1/2 t salt

6 egg whites, at room temperature


Method

1. Steam sweet potato for 20 minutes




2. Mash sweet potato with a fork (or in my lazy ass case an electronic hand mixer)




3. Add milk, sugar, butter and vanilla essence and mix evenly 




4. Add dry ingredients into a clean bowl and mix evenly




4. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix evenly (electric mixer baby!)




5. Whisk egg whites till peaks form, but be careful not to dry it out




6. Fold 1/3 eggs whites into mixture at a time (Warning this is killer on the arms, but stick in there)




7. Spoon a tablespoon of batter into each finger in the waffle maker




8. Waffles done in approximately 5 minutes or until a skewer come out clean




Give 'em the finger, the tasty waffle finger
 (what were you thinking?)


No comments:

Post a Comment