Prevention is always better than cure. My son has taught me to sneeze in the crook of my elbow, I try and drink enough water (I know it's killer running to the loo all day in this cold) and take my supplements (almost everyday).
Murphy's law always has flu season hitting me first and hitting me hard. Nothing seems to help like bed rest, some spicy food and a good dose of Vitamin C.
Naartjie Tikka Chicken (serves 3 to 4)
800g skinless chicken thighs and drumsticks, trimmed of excess fat
2 x tsp tikka spice (salted)
1 x tsp ginger paste
1 x tablespoon honey
1 x cup orange juice
1 x peeled naartjie, segmented (poke each segment several times)
peel of 1 naartjie, finely sliced
1/3 cup raw cashew nuts
1/4 cup dried apricots
15mls olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped, fresh coriander
1. Whisk spice, ginger, honey and 1/2 cup orange juice in bowl. Marinade chicken in this for at least 15 minutes.
2. Then add naartjie peel, half the cashew nuts and all the apricots. Mix evenly and marinade for another 15 minutes.
3. Separate chicken from the other ingredients.
4. Heat olive oil in a pan on high till hot. Stir fry the peel, apricots and nuts for for a few minutes.
5. Add chicken, naartjie segments and any juices left in the marinade container.
6. Simmer on medium heat and turn chicken once after 15 minutes.
7. Add the rest of the orange juice and cashew nuts. Continue simmering for another 15 minutes or until done.
8. Add coriander after removing the pan from the stove.
|Serve with roti and roast potato.|
Feeling better already!