About Me

My photo
There so much to say and even more to eat. Hence a blog for each was born.

Thursday 27 March 2014

Some like it hot (Lamb Chops)

This cold weather really makes me crave spicy food. Spicy food reminds me of a recent trip to India. It was an interesting culinary experience, but I still missed home food. Especially meat and specifically lamb chops. Every restaurant outing left me scouring the menu for any dish which might contain it, but left empty handed. Needless to say I made a turn at our local butcher the moment we came home and made my favourite lamb chop dish. It was divine! 

Those who know me will tell you that the way to my heart is through my stomach (a very large one at that). So I am always searching and adapting my favourite recipes to taste even better and better and better. Today's recipe is my take on masala chops. I would describe it as simple, spicy and sumptuous. 

Masala Lamb Chops (serves 4 - 5)

Ingredients:
1kg loin lamb chops - trimmed of excess fat
1 tbsp butter
1 large clove of garlic, minced 
1 teaspoon of crushed ginger
1 fresh chili, chopped
1,5 tsp fine salt
3/4 tsp coriander powder 
1 tsp cumin powder
1,5 tsp chili powder
3 tbsp warm water






1. Add salt, ginger, garlic, fresh chili, fine salt, coriander, cumin and chili powder to meat.

2. Mix properly to ensure even distribution


3. Melt butter in a pan over medium to high heat (do not let the butter burn or brown)

4. Quickly brown the chops on both sides (takes approximately 30 seconds per side)

5. Turn the heat down to a low to medium heat and add the water

6. cover and allow the chops to simmer till done and turn once half through (takes approximately 30 minutes). 

NB: It usually doesn't require any additional liquid, but add a tablespoon of warm water at a time if necessary.


Serve with round potato fries

Eat up!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12015027/?claim=6c67nmjkjtk">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment